This is one for anyone out there who’s 4-legged friend has some less than desirable habits. We purchased this collar for our beagle-mix and it has worked wonders with her. She has a problem with barking like mad anytime our neighbors are out in their back yard. This collar was pretty quick to put an end to that.
Setup and use are very simple. When you open the box, you will need to plug the remote unit and the collar piece in to charge for about 2 hours to get a full charge before using them. Once that is done, it is a simple matter to thread the collar unit on to the included collar (or your dog’s current collar) and you are ready to go.
The remote has 4 modes:
- Beep – this will sound an audible tone when you press the trigger button on the remote
- Light – This causes the LED on the collar to light up when you press the trigger on the remote. To be honest, I haven’t found a great use for this yet.
- Vibrate – This mode will vibrate the collar (adjustable in intensity from 1-100).
- Shock – This last mode will initiate a shock to the dog’s neck when the remote is pressed. (adjustable in intensity from 1-100)
- Side Note: As a test, I took several shocks on my arm from this collar and I would not recommend going above level 50 on any but the largest dogs.
All in all, I am very pleased with this product and am glad to recommend it.